The cryptocurrency ban story in India is getting real slowly. Effective May 2021, most of the major banks will stop allowing crypto deposits. This includes Paytm Payments Bank also.The Paytm Payments Bank will disallow cryptocurrency transactions on its platform from May 21 evening. As per the latest statement they will stop dealing with cryptocurrency exchanges. Most of the major cryptocurrency exchanges in India like WazirX, CoinSwitch Kuber, etc were all using Paytm Payments Bank for instant deposits, which won’t be possible from tomorrow, May 22 2021.
UPDATE 31 MAY 2021 – Banks, including HDFC Bank and State Bank of India, have said that users who deal in cryptocurrencies may face account suspension citing a 2018 circular from the Reserve Bank of India.
This comes after banks on May 20 said that they would no longer deal with crypto exchanges like WazirX, CoinDCX, CoinSwitch Kuber and ZebPay. Reason being an “informal” Reserve Bank of India (RBI) order. Secondly, UPI was already banned and not working and the bank deposits will be stopped too. In conclusion, there is no other way you would be able to make deposits to your crypto platform app.
As per the RBI insiders, it was the central bank that “directed” payment companies to cut ties with these exchanges. They added that this is an “informal” directive and not a written one – similar to the orders sent to banks.
So, even if the cryptocurrency ban in India is officially not supported by Supreme Court, those restrictions will surely restrict the crypto investors and traders.
Earlier this month, ICICI Bank had already made a similar statement of not allowing any more crypto deposits.
Here is our recommendation for storing your crypto currency in a physical crypto wallet :
- Its worlds first wireless cryptocurrency hardware wallet which allows you to send and receive many cryptocurrencies with maximum security. Its as thin as a credit card and is flexible and waterproof.
- Connects with Android and iOS devices which is very easy to use.
- Millitary Grade Security EAL5+ Certified with latest Bluetooth capabilities. Battery life last for over 4 Weeks on a single charge.
- Supports Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ether, ERC20 tokens, USDT and many other major cryptocurrencies
- Wallet back up available and easy restoration on any CoolWallet S device or BIP39/BIP44 compatible wallets.